Planning your big day is not an easy job. There are so many plans to make and things to do. From selecting the best menu to decorating the stage and choosing the finest wedding dress. It is every girl’s dream to have the most beautiful and eye catching dress on her wedding day. A bride should feel special, comfortable and happy on her big day and if her dress is stitched and made according to her instructions then, she can stand taller and smile brighter. She will feel more confident and excited. A bride has to look beautiful not only for herself and the guests but especially for her groom. It is a woman’s most special piece of clothing as it has emotional importance attached to it. Furthermore her pictures will be taken and showed to her future children so she has to look pretty.
SG Wedding Mall has done some research and here are a few suggestions which a woman should keep in mind before ordering her wedding dress.
1. Latest fashion trends: Almost every year there is a change in fashion trends. So it is always advisable to do research and hire a famous designer who can assist you in selecting the perfect wedding dress. A designer would have experience in dealing with different clients. She will tell you about the colours which are in fashion, the type of clothing material to be used and whether gowns are in fashion or short dresses. In the end she makes sure that whichever dress you select fits perfectly on your body.
2. The perfect colour: Choosing the best colour for your wedding dress is a must. Make sure the colour you select compliments your complexion. Although most women prefer to wear white on their wedding day, as it symbolises elegance, in many Asian countries women select red coloured dresses to look dazzling. It is advisable to take suggestions from your fiancé on which colour he thinks will suit you the most.
3. Slimming Dress: Although every bride looks beautiful in her own way, but it is still a bride’s wish to look slimmer and select a wedding dress which is specifically designed for her body type. This will make her look radiant on her big day. In order to look slimmer, a bride should add a wide belt that may for example compliment a pear-shaped wedding dress. Always select a belt that fits closely. Many brides prefer a glamorous look and want to embellish their dress with gems and sequences, however adding these details may make your body look too bulky so where possible, cut down on these. Always try to keep the gems and pearls on your neckline so that it does not add weight to your lower body. It also depends on the type of fabric you choose. Silks and satins give a shinier and slimmer fit to the body as compared to fabrics such as velvet which again might add weight to your body. Thus velvet can be used for trim at sleeves and neck. If these details are kept in mind while selecting a wedding dress, it will make your body look slim and beautiful.
4. Keep the dress for the last: Never select your wedding dress before booking the venue or making other arrangements. Most of the time what women do mistakenly is that they select the wedding dress first and leave the rest for the last. This is wrong. When you do arrangements for your wedding, you have to follow a particular theme. Everything is thus in line with that theme. Hence you should select your wedding card, menu, location and return gifts first and in the end, order a wedding dress as per the desired theme. Your wedding dress should complement other arrangements. A wedding dress will only look beautiful if it is compatible with the theme.
5. Accessories: The last important things which will make your wedding dress look beautiful are your wedding accessories. Always select elegant gemstones for your pendant and rings. Topaz, diamonds and sapphires are gemstones which compliment all sorts of wedding dresses, as they are not too gaudy and look delicate on your neck and wrists. Do not overload yourself with excessive jewellery. Always avoid wearing gold if your dress colour is white.